Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Rage over Fear

That 3 year relationship I spent him were the best and the worst years of my life. He put me through Hell but taught me so much. Taught me not to tolerate anything from any guy. He taught me that if someone really loved you they would not pin you up against the wall and threaten the ground you walk on. He taught me that someone who loves me would not leave me with scars on my back and on my knees for the rest of my life. This story however is not how he hurt me or made me stronger, but how his foolishness changed my sister’s life forever.
           
It was two weeks after we broke up for the last time. My sister and I were walking home from the bus stop. I remember hearing the squeal of Jason’s tires as he took the sharp turn on to my street.  Me and Beth had moved over because we knew teens flew down the street, excited to be out of the “seven hour torture”.  Only this car was different. This car had my ex, Ryan, in the passenger seat. He egged Jason to get closer to us. To scare us. He loved to taunt me to play with my mind like a puppeteer. Jason did as he was told for my ex not only put fear into me but anyone he was associated with or met by.
           
That’s when it happened. The corner of Jason’s car sent my sister flying forward. Her glasses surpassed her own body’s height. The glass of the cracked frames met each of the sun’s rays that pierced through the turned trees. My sister laid on the ground in a heap. Her arm was clearly broken. I dropped my books and ran to her side. I put her head in my lap. Not a word could break the overwhelming search for breath. My mouth was open but only sobs could make sound. The tears ran down my face and splashed onto hers. She was so still, so peaceful. How could she look so calm? I didn’t want her to look calm. I wanted her to cry or to scream with pain so I knew she was alive. But nothing happened. I screamed to my neighbor to call for help.

I looked up to see Jayson and Ryan standing there. Jayson’s face was paralyzed with fear. Not fear that he had hurt my sister but fear that he may get in trouble. The fright of my sister’s life quickly changed to rage over the two men that stood before me. I looked from Jayson’s face to Ryan’s. The corner’s of his mouth were tweaked upwards. He looked me in the eyes. Looked straight to my sole. He tried to toy with me, but I was done with his mind’s authority over mine. I lay my sweater over me sister’s body. I shot up and charged toward that malicious piece of dirt. My mind was far gone, to far for him to control. Only the revenge for that stupid smile of his remained. I tackled him to the ground. “You son of a bitch! How could you be smiling right now!?” I punched him square in the nose. Instantaneously his nose let a river of blood appear. He grabbed my hair and ripped me to the ground. “You think your tough now?” The only defense I had was to hit jam my knee into his crotch. He let go, his knees flew to his chest. He heaved for a breath of air. “HOW DOES IT FEEL!?” I continued to slap, punch, scratch, as much as I could. He fought back too, but this time I couldn’t feel anything, the pure determination to hurt him like he had hurt me for the past three years, and now my sister, made my body incapable to feel any physical pain being inflicted. I could hear the sirens racing down the street. The loud piercing harmony of the ambulance and cops brought the battle to a sudden stop.

TO BE CONTINUED…

No comments:

Post a Comment